The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The Geneva-based International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) received the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize at ceremony held in Oslo, Norway. The award was received by Beatrice Fihn, leader of ICAN and Hiroshima nuclear bombing survivor Setsuko Thurlow.
- 15th trilateral meeting of the Russia-India-China (RIC) foreign ministers was held in New Delhi between India’s External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and China’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Wang Yi.
- The ASEAN–India (Association of Southeast Asian Nations-India) Connectivity Summit (AICS) was held in New Delhi, organized by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in collaboration with AIC (ASEAN-India Centre) and CII (Confederation of Indian Industry). The theme of summit was ‘Powering Digital and Physical Linkages for Asia in the 21st Century’.
- The Aadivasi Mahotsav 2017 was held in Raipur, Chhattisgarh to display the rich and diverse tribal traditions of the central state. It was inaugurated by Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram and Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh.
- Father of DNA fingerprinting in India, Lalji Singh, passed away following heart attack. He was 70.