The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here.
- Government e Marketplace (GeM) and Competition Commission of India (CCI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enable a fair and competitive environment in the e-Marketplace. Both CCI and GeM attach significant importance to the advanced analytical tools and processes for identification of malpractices like cartelization. GeM is a state-of-the-art national public procurement platform of Ministry of Commerce and Industries.
- The first LAWASIA Human Rights Conference was organised by LAWASIA, in association with the Bar Association of India from 9-10 February, 2019 with the theme “State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges”. The conference aims to provide a unique opportunity for lawyers and associated professional members to exchange insights and expertise on topics of significant importance to all. LAWASIA is a regional association of lawyers, judges, jurists and legal organisations and it advocates for the interests and concerns of the Asia Pacific legal profession.
- The Union Minister of Food Processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the Cremica Food Park in Una which is the first mega food park of Himachal Pradesh. It was set up at a cost of Rs 107.34 crore will benefit people of Una district and nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur and Bilaspur. The Ministry of Food Processing is implementing Mega Food Park Scheme to give a major boost to the food processing sector.
- The Union Government has envisaged the development of the National Gas Grid To remove regional imbalance within the country with regard to access for natural gas and provide clean and green fuel throughout the country. The government is implementing various projects of about 14,239 Km gas pipelines which would add to the existing 16,788 Km natural gas pipeline.
- Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam has won prestigious Dan David Prize of Israel for the year 2019 for his work on inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era. Sanjay Subrahmanyam shares the award in the category of ‘past time dimension’ with Prof Kenneth Pomeranz of the University of Chicago. Established in 2002, the Dan David Prize is a joint international award given by the Dan David Foundation.
- The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has instituted a lighthouse project challenge for States and Union Territories to select six sites across the country for constructing the lighthouse projects under Global Housing Technology Challenge- India (GHTC- India). The challenge has been launched to bring about paradigm shift in housing construction technology sector.
- Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban on February 10, 2019 announced new measures, under which increasing financial aid and subsidies will be provided to families that have more than three children. These are aimed at reversing Hungary’s downward demographic trends. The Hungarian government has decided to provide a lifetime income tax exemption for women who give birth to at least four children.
Check out the CLATGyan Test Series 2019 : 30 Simulated Online Tests + Personal Mentor | Run entirely by the students of NALSAR University of Law.