The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Former French Culture Minister Audrey Azoulay (45) was appointed as Director General of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO). She will replace Irina Bokova.
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit was held in Da Nang, Vietnam. The theme of summit was ‘Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future.’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the rice field laboratory named after him at International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Los Banos in Philippines during his three-day visit to attend ASEAN-India and East Asia summits.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development will celebrate Child Rights Week (Hausla 2017) from 16th to 20th November, 2017.
- The World Pneumonia Day is observed globally every year on November 12 to generate awareness about the ‘pneumonia’ disease.
- Haryana became India’s first state to treat Hepatitis-C patients of all categories through oral medicine.
- Urdu was declared second official language in Telangana. It was announced by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao in the state Assembly.
- Pankaj Advani won 2017 IBSF World Billiards Championship held at Doha.