The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. To know more about them, read this. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. Also, check out our mock tests!
- Sanjauli Police Station in Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) has become the first police post in the country to be linked with Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS). The linking of the police post will facilitate the people for lodging online/offline complaints, Tenants, police verification of job, Character verification and migrant labourer registration through police post.
- Justice Rajendra Menon was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
- The Union government has established banana research centre at Goraul in Vaishali district of Bihar. It is second such in the country after the National Research Centre for Banana at Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu. It will focus on the reasons for less production of banana and will work on expansion of its cultivation, plant protection, suitable utilisation, etc. Maharashtra is the largest banana producing state in the country.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has allowed celebrities to endorse mutual fund products at the industry level purpose of increasing awareness of mutual funds as a financial product category. SEBI also issued new advertising code that will require fund houses to communicate in a simple manner with the public.
- Shashank Manohar has resigned as Chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC). He stepped down from the post reportedly due to personal reasons.
- Captain Amarinder Singh, who led the Congress to victory in Punjab after a decade, will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister for the second time.
- Search engine Google has dedicated its doodle or art work to the first officially recognized Test match. In history books the first match began on 15th of March 1877 and was played between England and Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.