The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here.
- Rajasthan’s first lion safari was inaugurated at Nahargarh Biological Park. The park is located on Delhi-Jaipur National Highway in the Aravalli foothills, nearly 12 kilometers from state capital Jaipur (known as Pink City). The lion safari project is located at biological park spread across 38 hectare. Lions in this park were brought from Junagarh, Gujarat under an exchange programme.
- Hyderabad International Airport (Rajiv Gandhi International Airport) was awarded Airports Council International Airport Service Quality World no.1 airport award in the 5-15 Million Passengers Per Annum (MPPA) category. This is for the second consecutive year Hyderabad airport has won this award. It was adjudged world number 1 airport in this category earlier in 2016. The award was bestowed in recognition of airport’s relentless efforts towards service excellence and customer delight. It is sixth busiest airport by passenger traffic in India.
- Union Ministry of Power has launched Chiller Star Labelling Program to encourage deployment of energy efficient chiller systems in the country. It was launched as part of occasion of 24th World Ozone Day and 31st Anniversary of Montreal Protocol, which will be observed on 16th September 2018. The program was formulated by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). It will also help to save more than 500 million units of electricity in 2019 along with Green House Gases reduction of 0.5 million-ton equivalent of co2.
- India’s first underwater robotic drone EyeROV TUNA was handed over to Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). This underwater drone will be used by NPOL for research and development activities which in turn would result in commercial product for defence use. EyeROV TUNA has been designed and developed indigenously by Kochi-based start-up IROV Technologies Pvt Ltd (EyeROV).
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on September 16, 2018 began the countdown for the launch of its polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) C42 carrying two earth observation satellites for the United Kingdom. The mission is a commercial arrangement between the British company and Antrix Corporation Limited, which is the commercial wing of ISRO. The launch vehicle will lift NovaSAR and S1-4 to a sun-synchronous (‘pole-to-pole’) orbit 583 km from the Earth.
- Union Health Minister JP Nadda said that 1.5 lakh Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and sub-centres will be converted into wellness centers by 2022. The Minister said that the centre’s flagship Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will be launched on September 23, 2018. The wellness centres will facilitate screening of every individual aged 30 or above for blood pressure, diabetes, tuberculosis, breast cancer and leprosy among others.
- The Union Cabinet approved transfer of land of Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd. (RCF) to Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA). RCF is a leading fertilizer and chemical manufacturing company in India in the Public Sector. It was established on March 6, 1978 on the reorganisation of erstwhile Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd. Company has been accorded coveted “Miniratna” status in 1997.
Check out the CLATGyan Test Series 2019 : 30 Simulated Online Tests + Personal Mentor | Run entirely by the students of NALSAR University of Law.