The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- George Saunders, an author from USA, has won 2017 Man Booker Prize for fiction for his first full-length novel ‘Lincoln in the Bardo’ on 17th October 2017.
- 50 Indian peacekeepers stationed in South Sudan have been awarded with the United Nations Medal for their professionalism and service in protecting civilians and building sustainable peace in the country.
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) is the top-ranked Indian institute in the latest Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University Rankings 2018. IIT Bombay has been ranked 34th and is the only Indian institute to improve its performance among the top 100 universities in QS Asia University Rankings 2018.
- Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) has been ranked No. 1 in the Airports Council International’s (ACI) service quality survey in the category of 5 to 15 million passengers per annum.
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG) was awarded Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award in Swachh Bharat National Award ceremony.
- Veteran writer and lyricist Javed Akhtar is going to be honored with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award and will receive Rs.1,00,000 along with a memento.
- A division bench of the Kerala High Court on restored the life ban imposed on cricketer S Sreesanth by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in light of the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation stone for the TU142M aircraft museum in Visakhapatnam.