The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here.
- India’s top junior shuttler Lakshya Sen (17) won bronze medal at Li Ning BWF World Junior Badminton Championships 2018 held at Markham, Canada. This was overall India’s fifth boys singles bronze medal at BWF World Junior Championships. Saina Nehwal (2008) is only India’s sole gold medallist at BWF World Junior Championships. She also has won silver in 2006 in girls’ singles.
- The Union Commerce Minister, Suresh Prabhu on November 19, 2018 released a report on Industrial Park Rating System prepared by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The industrial parks will be rated on the following 4 points: Internal infrastructure, External infrastructure, Business services and facilities and Environment and safety management.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu and Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha on November 19, 2018 launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi. The major improvements in the upgraded version of the web portal include features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travellers support, improved grievance management including social media grievances. The main focus of the Aviation Ministry is on improving the quality of services.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 19, 2018 inaugurated the Kundli-Manesar (83km) section of the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) western peripheral expressway. Along with this, he also inaugurated the 3.2 km-long Ballabhgarh-Mujesar Metro rail link, which would facilitate travel for people of Delhi and Faridabad, and laid the foundation stone of the Shri Vishwakarma Skill University, which will come up at Dudhola in Palwal district.
- The state cabinet of Maharashtra on November 18, 2018 passed the Maratha Reservation Bill, approving reservation for the Maratha community. The state government made the decision based on the recommendations of the Maharashtra State Backward Class Commission, whose report was submitted to the state’s Chief Secretary DK Jain on November 15.
- Alexander Zverev on November 18, 2018 upset world number one Novak Djokovic in straight sets 6-4, 6-3 to claim the season-ending ATP world tour Finals. With the win, the 21-year-old German player became the youngest champion of the season-ending event. The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) was formed in September 1972.
- Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has won this year’s Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, an award conferred by Indira Gandhi Trust each year on the late Prime Minister’s birth anniversary. The international jury for the awards was headed by former President Pranab Mukerjee. The CSE was established in 1980 under leadership of the late Anil Agarwal and is presently headed by Sunita Narain.
Check out the CLATGyan Test Series 2019 : 30 Simulated Online Tests + Personal Mentor | Run entirely by the students of NALSAR University of Law.