The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Plenary session at the World Economic Forum 2018. He is the first India PM to do so in the last 20 years.
- 23rd January was the 121st birthday of freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose.
- Odisha State government has launched Odisha –Hospital Management Information System to provide an online platform for online recording of clinical parameters of patients.
- Puducherry’s first Post Office Passport Seva Kendra was opened at Karaikal by External Affair Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- Andhra Pradesh and Canton of Zurich signed a sister-state agreement to promote mutual progress and development.
- India’s longest living army veteran, retd. Major FKK Sircar passed away at the age of 101.
- Shahrukh Khan was felicitated at the 24th Annual Crystal Awards as part of the World Economic Forum’s 48th Annual meeting.
- Former international football player, George Weah has been sworn in as the new President of Liberia.