The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Sri Lankan Coast Guard has commissioned Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) SURAKSHA gifted by India at Colombo port. It is the first OPV of Sri Lankan Coast Guard.
- The fourth edition of ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM)-Plus will be held in Philippines. India will be represented by Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. This will be her first foreign visit as the Defence Minister.
- India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities was inaugurated at Mandir Marg, New Delhi. It has been set up under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council. The scheme is to enable large number of youth to take up industry relevant skill training for increasing employment opportunities.
- India won 2017 Asia Cup hockey title by defeating Malaysia in the final match held in Dhaka, Bangladesh by 2-1 score. It was India’s overall third Asia Cup title and earlier it had won it in 2003 and 2007.
- Kidambi Srikanth from India (World No. 8) won the Denmark Open title of badminton in the men’s single category.