The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Deendayal Hastkala Sankul, a trade facilitation centre and Crafts Museum for handicrafts at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan launched pan India Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat scheme to distribute LPG connections in rural areas where conventional fuel is used for domestic household purposes.
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog’s SATH (Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital) Program was launched in in Guwahati, Assam.
- The Ministry of Science & Technology has launched Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana to formulate and implement adequate S&T interventions for sustainable development through adoption of few clusters of villages in Uttarakhand and transforming them to become self-sustainable.
- The Film Federation of India (FFI) has selected Newton, a dark comedy movie on the issues with democracy as India’s entry for Best Foreign Language category at 90th Academy Awards (Oscars) to be held in February 2018.
- State Bank of India (SBI) working with FTSE Russell, global index and data provider launched FTSE SBI Bond Index series at London Stock Exchange (LSE). It is India’s first bond index series for overseas investors.