The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh are top contributors in the first five months since the launch of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime in July 1, 2017.
- India’s first broad gauge air-conditioned EMU suburban train was flagged off from Borivali station on western railway in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- India Government Mint, a unit of Security Printing and Minting Corp of India Ltd. has launched India’s first indigenous high purity gold reference standard –Bharatiya Nirdeshak Dravya (BND-4201). The BND-4201 is reference material for gold of ‘9999’ fineness (gold that is 99.99% pure with impurities of only 100 parts-per-million).
- China’s AG600, also known as ‘Kunlong’, the world’s largest amphibious
aircraft took off from the southern city of Zhuhai.
- China has successfully launched its second Land Surveying Satellite LKW-2 (also known as Yaogan Weixing-32) into a preset orbit from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the Gobi desert.
- Karnataka’s Tirthahalli taluk has been affected by Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever. Kyasanur forest disease is tick-borne viral disease caused by Kyasanur forest disease virus (KFDV), a member of the virus family Flaviviridae, which also causes dengue and yellow fever.
- Good Governance Day is celebrated every year in India on December 25 to mark the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Former wicket-keeper of India Saba Karim (50) was appointed as the new General Manager of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).