The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. To know more about them, read this. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. Also, check out our mock tests!
- World Conference on Environment was conducted in New Delhi by the National Green Tribunal. The focus of the conference was on sustainable development.
- Supreme Court of India, through the bench of justices Jagdish Singh Khehar, DY Chandrachud, and Sanjay Kishan Kaul, ruled that Aadhaar Card cannot be made mandatory for Central Welfare Schemes as it violates citizens’ fundamental rights.
- An interest-subsidy scheme by the name of ‘Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme for Middle Income Groups CLSS-(MIG)’ to enable the middle-class population to have a pucca house of their own was announced by PM Narendra Modi.
- A landmark feat was achieved by the Karnataka Bank of installing 10,000 Point of Sales terminals. PoS terminals are card-payment processing devices.
- PayTM became the first e-commerce and mobile-wallet company to be a member of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Anupam Kher was awarded the Kala Ratan Award from the Vice President, Hamid Ansari for his contribution to Arts and Cinema.
- Rafael Nadal defeated Philipp Kohlschereiber in Rafael’s 1000th match. The match was played as a part of the Miami Open Tournament.
- Bhubaneshwar (Odisha) will be hosting the 2017 Men’s Hockey World League Final and the Men’s World Cup, both in 2018.