The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Zainab Khan in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Javed Akhtar, veteran writer-lyricist, was honoured with the 2017 Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at an event in Mumbai.
- The 14th South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW) Conference was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka along with the 11th SAARC Chief Justices Conference. It provided a platform for legal professionals to meet and discuss issues of mutual interests and emerging legal trends in the South Asian countries while discussing issues like artificial intelligence, human trafficking, FDIs and environmental protection concerns.
- The first phase of national optic fibre network christened as Bharat Net project will be completed by December 2017, thus providing internet access to 100,000 gram panchayats.
- The Union Government has made use of Public Finance Management System (PFMS) mandatory for all central schemes to ensure that benefits of government schemes reach the last mile. It will help monitor the flow of funds to beneficiaries of different government welfare schemes.
- The Union Government has inked $65.5 million loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to continue interventions to check coastal erosion on the Western Coast in Karnataka. The loan is a second tranche of the $250 million financing facility under Sustainable Coastal Protection and Management Investment Program for 20-year term.