The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. To know more about them, read this. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. Also, check out our mock tests!
- India’s longest Chenani-Nashri All-weather road tunnel, the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was inaugurated. It is the first tunnel in India to have transverse ventilation system, which will result in fresh air flow inside the tunnel. The tunnel will also result in reducing travel time and a safe transit.
- India’s first centre for protecting livestock from Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus has been set up in Bhubaneshwar, called the International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease. FMDV is a disease affecting the health and producing-capability of animals and are a serious threat to their lives. It affects domestic cattle like buffalo.
- A set of schemes for the enhancement of the powerloom sector in India has been introduced under the initiative of PowerTex India Scheme. It mainly focuses on providing financial assistance for modernisation and technological upgradation of Powerloom Sector in India, which is one of the crucial sectors in textile value chain.
- Rajiv Kumar Chander was appointed the permanent representative and ambassador of India to the United Nations office in Geneva. Currently, he is the Consul General in Canada. The headquarters of United Nations is New York.
- Joyciline Jepkosgei, a Kenyan athlete, broke three world records at the Prague Half Marathon. In the event in Czech Republic, she passes 10 kms mark in 30:05, crossed 15 kms mark at 45:37, and finished the race in 1:04:52, thereby breaking three world records.
- 2nd April is celebrated as World Autism Day by the United Nations since 2008. Autism or Autism Specctrum Disorder (ASD) is a neuro-development disorder wherein the person faces difficulties in communication, interaction, and imagination. The theme for this year’s World Autism Day is “Towards Autonomy and Self-Determination”