The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. To know more about them, read this. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. Also, check out our mock tests!
- A board is set up by the Central Government, called the Krishna River Management Board (KRMB), to look into the water sharing issue between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- IIT Madras has joined hands with the Indian Army to enhance the technological areas in the armed forces and to bridge the technological gap amidst them.
- US President, Donald Trump, passed an executive order to scrap Barack Obama’s Climate Change focused initiative, known as the Clean Power Plan.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) won the Dainik Bhaskar’s India Pride Awards 2016-17 for ‘Excellence in Infrastructural Development’.
- A bill to legalize use of Cannabis oil and other Marijuana derivatives was passed by the Argentine senate. Urugay was the first country to fully legalize Marijuana and its derivatives.
- Tamil Nadu State Cricket team became the first team to win all the BCCI’s senior level matches, after winning the Deodhar Trophy.
- Two Olympics medals and one Championship medal stripped from a Turkish long-distance runner, Elvan Abeylegesse, after she tested positive in the doping test.
- A book on the history of the Indian railways, named ‘Indian Railway- The Weaving of a National Tapestry’, was released by the Ministry of Railways.