The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The 3rd joint Military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior- 2017’ between India and UK was held at Mahajan Field Firing Range near Bikaner of Rajasthan.
- The Border Security Force (BSF), celebrated its 52nd Anniversary of Raising Day. BSF is deployed on India-Pakistan border, India-Bangladesh border and Line of Control (LoC) along with Indian Army and in Anti-Naxal Operations.
- The 22nd meeting of Board of Mangement of Small Farmers’ Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) was held in New Delhi. Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh, inaugurated the meeting. The consortium was set up in 1994 and is registered under Societies Registration Act 1860. It is also registered as a Non-Banking Financial Institution.
- 7th edition of Kathakar: International Storytellers Festival was held at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi. Minister of State for Home Affairs, Kiren Rijiju, inaugurated the event.
- The World AIDS Day is celebrated every year across the world on December 1 to raise awareness around Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The theme by World Health Organization (WHO) for 2017 is ‘Right to health.’