The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The ninth summit of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), will begin here on 3rd India and China are unlikely to allow their differences over the Doklam plateau to hinder their support for the emerging economies and the Global South. Moreover, Chinese President Xi Jinping has invited Egypt, Kenya, Tajikistan, Mexico and Thailand to participate in the summit in Xiamen city from September 3 to 5 for expanding the sphere of influence of the emerging economies to form “BRICS Plus” bloc.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will induct nine new members into his Council of Ministers on 3rd September, including former head of the Indian delegation at the United Nations Security Council Hardeep Puri, former Home Secretary R.K. Singh, former police commissioner of Mumbai Satyapal Singh and former chief of the Delhi Development Authority K.J. Alphons.
- The Failure Analysis Committee of ISRO, h0eaded by VSSC Director K.Sivan, have been meeting to analyse the reasons for the failure of the PSLV- C39 mission which was carrying the IRNSS-1H navigation satellite, on Thursday and failed after the heat shield refused to open and release the satellite.
- Swedish defence and security company SAAB and Indian conglomerate Adani Group have announced collaboration in defence manufacturing consisting of very high investments.
- India and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) will meet shortly in an attempt to conclude their long pending negotiations on Free Trade Agreement (FTA). So far, 16 rounds of negotiations have taken place which had started in 2008.
1) What is the full form of EFTA?
2) Who Is heading ISRO’s Failure Analysis Committee for the PSLV-C39 launch?
3) Where is the 9th summit of BRICS taking place?
4) Which country is NOT a part of the BRICS plus bloc for this summit?