The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sanket Pargaien in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The book authored by Prime Minister Narendra Modi – Exam Warriors – was released by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. The books aims to inspire youth to face difficult moments in examinations and life.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change launched Green Good Deeds campaign to sensitise people and students, in particular about climate change and global warming.
- Maratha Light Infantry celebrated 250 years of its existence. In 1768, the first battalion of this regiment was raised as ‘Second Battalion Bombay Sepoys’ on this day.
- IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia took over as the Director General of the National Security Guard (NSG), succeeding SP Singh.
- General David L Goldfein, the Chief of the US Air Force, flew a sortie in indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas at the Indian Air Force station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan becoming the first foreign military chief to fly Tejas aircraft.
- Sweden committed a record $370 million to the UN World Food Programme. This is the biggest ever contribution made by a donor within a WFP Strategic Partnership Agreement.
- India contributed an additional $ 1 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund, earmarked for South-South cooperation.