The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Saudi Arabia has approved India’s plan to revive ferrying Haj pilgrims via sea route to Jeddah. Both countries have signed bilateral annual Haj 2018 agreement. The agreement was signed by Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Haj and Umrah Minister of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Mohammad Saleh bin TaherBenten at Makkah.
- The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated to mark the contribution of Overseas Indian community in the development of India. This year’s event celebrated ASEAN-Indian partnership and was themed “Ancient Route, New Journey: Diaspora in the Dynamic ASEAN INDIA Partnership”.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has notified the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017. The Amendment Act amended some provisions of Companies Act, 2013.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is going to launch National Programme for Control of Viral Hepatitis for free treatment of Hepatitis C. The focus will be on anti-viral treatment of Hepatitis C which will be provided free at all government health facilities.
- The Union Defence Ministry has sanctioned raising of Territorial Army (TA) battalion comprising ex-servicemen of Indian Army as part of its mission to lean the Ganga by 2020. It has been named as Composite Ecological Task Force (CETF) battalion.
- The Union Government has announced completion of first phase of BharatNet project after successfully laying optical fibre cables (OFC) in more than 1 lakh gram panchayats. The second phase of the project was initiated in November 2017 for connecting the remaining 1.5 lakh gram panchayats.
- Haryana become first state in the country to launch High-Risk Pregnancy (HRP) portal. The policy aims at identifying 100% name-based high-risk pregnancy cases and ensuring their delivery by specialists at civil hospitals.
- Private spaceflight company SpaceX has launched secret Zuma Mission for US government. It was launched on board of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket. It is a secret mission in its nature or purpose and the agency behind it remains a mystery.