The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here.
- Angad Vir Singh Bajwa won gold medal by setting world record score in men’s skeet final of the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship held in Kuwait. With this, he became first Indian skeet shooter to win continental or world level event. India’s pair of Elavenil Valarivan and Hriday Hazarika won gold medal in 10m rifle mixed event. India’s another pair Mehuli Ghosh and Arjun Babuta won bronze in the same event.
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group have formed strategic partnership to support efforts eliminate hunger globally by 2030. The agreement was signed between WFP Executive Director David Beasley and Alibaba Partner and Chairman of Alibaba Foundation Sun Lijun at Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China. WEF is the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security. It was established in 1961 with headquarters in Rome after 1960 Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Conference.
- United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) has issued special stamps with Diyas lamps (special event sheet) to commemorate Indian Hindu festival Diwali. These stamps are available at UN headquarters post office in New York, US and also online. United States Postal Service (USPS) in October 2016 had launched commemorative stamp in honour of festival of Diwali.
- The first aircraft built by Dassault Aviation for the IAF, a two-seater variant, made its maiden flight on October 30 in France and is designated RB 008. RB stands for Air Marshal R.K.S. Bhadauria as he had a major role in the contract negotiations. Air Marshal Bhadauria was the Deputy Chief of the IAF during the contract negotiations for 36 Rafale jets and is presently the Air Officer Commanding-In-Chief of the IAF’s Training Command. In September 2016, India and France signed a €7.87 billion Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) for 36 Rafale multi-role fighter jets in fly-away condition.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday gave an “in principle” approval for operating, managing and developing six non-metro airports — Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Guwahati, Thiruvananthapuram and Mangaluru — under a Public Private Partnership (PPP).
- Saurabh Chaudhary defeated Arjun Singh Cheema by 2.1 points to win the junior men’s air pistol gold in the 11th Asian air gun championship on Thursday. The 16-year-old won the Asian Games gold, World Championship junior gold and the Youth Olympics gold before this.
Check out the CLATGyan Test Series 2019 : 30 Simulated Online Tests + Personal Mentor | Run entirely by the students of NALSAR University of Law.