The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- 10th December is celebrated every year as World Human Rights Day because on this day, in 1948, the United Nations General Assembly adopted, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.This year, Human Rights Day kicks off a year-long campaign to mark the upcoming 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a milestone document. The Campaign is named as #standup4humanrights.
- New Delhi will be hosting the two-day long Asean-India Connectivity Summit (AICS) on the theme “Powering Digital and Physical Linkages for Asia in the 21st Century” ahead of the visit of the leaders of the 10 member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) for the commemorative summit of 25 years of the India-Asean dialogue partnership.
- The provisional figures of Direct Tax collections up to November, 2017 show that net collections are at Rs. 4.8 lakh crore which is 14.4% higher than the net collections for the corresponding period of last year.
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two day event in Mumbai titled ‘We The Women’ to empower and recognise the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
- Indian Diving Team won 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals in Indonesia Open Aquatic Championship 2017 held at Jakarta, Indonesia.