The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The first-ever meeting of newly-constituted Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister (EAC-PM) was held at NITI Aayog, in New Delhi. It was chaired by Dr. Bibey Debroy, Member NITI Aayog.
- two World Bank supported schemes Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) and Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement(STRIVE) was recently approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) to boost Skill India Mission.
- India’s first Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) under Hybrid Annuity Mode will come up in Haridwar (Uttarakhand) and Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh). This comes in light of the tripartite agreement signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and state level executing agencies Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam and Uttarakhand Pey Jal Nigam and with concessionaires.
- In the Global Hunger Index(GHI) report, India was ranked 100th among 119 countries. report released by Washington-based International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). This year slipped by three positions as compared to 97th rank in 2016 GHI.
- The 44th edition of Indian Handicrafts and Gifts (IHGF)-Delhi Fair was held at India Expo Centre and Mart on outskirts of Delhi in Greater Noida. It was organised by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) and was inaugurated by Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani.
- The Union Cabinet has approved signing of Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan on the Technical Intern Training Program (TITP). Decision in this regard was taken by the Union Cabinet Meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
- October 11th is celebrated every year as the International Day of the Girl Child to recognize girls’ rights and the unique challenges girls face around the world. The 2017 theme of the day is ‘EmPOWER girls: Before, during and after conflict’ and its the 6th edition of celebration of this day.