The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The Union Cabinet approved setting up of National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA), an apex body with an overarching mandate under Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime so as to ensure the benefit of tax reaches consumers. Creation of posts of Chairman and Technical Members of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) under GST regime has also been approved.
- The Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – ‘Saubhagya’ Web Portal has been launched by the Ministry of Power. The portal can be accessed at http://saubhagya.gov.in. The web portal aims to ensure transparency as well as accelerate household electrification in rural as well as urban areas in the country.
- Four sub-schemes under Umbrella Scheme Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) has been approved by the Cabine Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). These four schemes include anganwadi services, programme for adolescent girls called Sabla, Child Protection Services and National Creche Scheme.
- The Union Cabinet has approved increase in carpet area of houses eligible for interest subsidy under Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) for Middle Income Group (MIG) under Pradhan Mantri AwasYojana (Urban). The purpose is to further enhance the scope, coverage and outreach of Scheme.
- Madhya Pradesh has partnered with Nagaland and Manipur under Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana to strengthen cultural relations between them. MP Government has made its Higher Education Department as nodal department to execute the scheme.
- Aadi Mahotsav, a fortnight long Tribal Festival was recently inaugurated by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. The theme of the festival is A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce. The festival will feature exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewellery and much more through about 200 stalls. Over 750 tribal artisans and artists from over 25 States participated in the festival.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Poland for Promotion of Civil Aviation Cooperation has been approved by the Union Cabinet. The MOU has particular significance in establishing and improving Regional Air Connectivity (RCA) in India amongst general Civil Aviation Cooperation.
- The Union Cabinet had approved agreement between India and Belarus on Scientific and Technological Cooperation for mutual benefit in the areas of science, technology and agriculture. The agreement was signed between Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NASB).