The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- A website accessibility project has been started by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to make 100 websites of various State Governments/UTs accessible to persons with disabilities (Divyangjans) under Accessible India Campaign.
- Mercedes-Benz has unveiled India’s first BS-VI-compliant S Class car produced at its Pune facility. The BS-VI-compliant S Class car was unveiled more than two years ahead of Government’s deadline of April 2020 for switching to new BS-VI emission norms.
- A new batch of 9 smart cities under Smart City Mission has been announced by the Union Government. With the addition of these 9 smart cities in the fourth round, the total cities picked up under Smart City Mission have reached 99.
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative has been launched by The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to strengthen cybersecurity ecosystem in India in line Government’s vision for a ‘Digital India’. It was launched in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
- A Liveability index has been launched by The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs (MoHUA) to rate 116 Indian cities. Liveability index is tool that aims to measure quality of life in 99 smart cities, capital cities and those with a population of over one million. It will be funded by the World Bank and and ranking of these cities is expected to be ready by June 2018.
- National CSR Data Portal & Corporate Data Portal has been launcehd by Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs for bringing accountability and transparency for corporate India. he portals aim to provide easy accessibility to general public and also ensure high level of compliance. It will also help in institutionalising and consolidating SCR activities.
- Mauritius was largest source of foreign investment (FDI) in India, according to Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Indian Direct Investment Companies 2016-17 released by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- 2018 has been proposed by the Central Government as the National Year of Millets to boost production of the nutrient-rich millets and the sunrise agri industry involved in it. Earlier in November 2017, India had forwarded proposal to United Nations (UN) for declaring year 2018 as ‘International Year of Millets’.