The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched the ‘Protocol for Star Rating of Garbage-Free Cities’ in Goa. It has been developed under Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban for rating cities on 7-star rating system based on multiple cleanliness indicators for solid waste management.
- Manipur Government has launched the Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT), a health assurance scheme for the poor and disabled people. It was launched by Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh. The CMHT scheme will provide cashless treatment to poor at government hospitals, health centres and and other empanelled selected private hospitals.
- The Union Government and state-run oil explorer ONGC clinched deal for acquisition of government’s 51.11% stake in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL) for a consideration of Rs. 36,915 crore. The all-cash deal will help government boost its non-debt capital receipts and meet disinvestment target (Rs 72,500 crore).
- The second indigenously built offshore patrol vessel (OPV) named Vijaya built by Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Shipyard for Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was launched at Kattupalli Shipyard, Tamil Nadu.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has felicitated 112 exceptional women achievers at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi. These women achievers ‘FIRST LADIES’ are those who are first to set milestone of achievement in their respective fields. This ‘First Ladies’ is second leg of the ‘100 Women Achievers’ campaign of the Ministry.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has launched official anthem for “Bharat Ke Veer” sung and composed by singer Kailash Kher. Bharat Ke Veer is sung and composed by singer Kailash Kher. Bharat Ke Veer is an initiative with corpus fund to help the families of paramilitary troopers killed in the line of duty. So far, it has raised Rs. 12.93 crore for kin of paramilitary personnel killed in the line of duty..