The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The United States has pulled out of UN Global Compact on Migration. It has argued that Obama-era negotiated UN compact process deal contains numerous provisions that inconsistent with country’s immigration and refugee policies and Trump Administration’s immigration principles.
- For the purpose of circumventing US-led financial sanctions, Venezuela has launched its own virtual cryptocurrency called Petro. It will be backed by the country’s vast natural resources. In this regard, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has approved the creation of BlockchainBase observatory to oversee development and rollout of new cryptocurrency.
- South Korea and United States have launched Vigilant Ace, their largest-ever joint aerial drills. The exercise comes after North Korea tested Hwasong-15 its most advanced and powerful Inter Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) as part of its weapons programme.
- 4 December is celebrated every year as Indian Navay Day to celebrate achievements and role of the naval force to the country. The observance of the day commemorates the launch of Operation Trident by the Indian Navy against Pakistan on 4th December, 1971. This year is 46th Navy Day.
- Government has launched Noxeno, a nasal foreign body removal device developed by start-up InnAccel Technologies Private Limited, Bangalore. It was developed by fellow trained under Biodesign program. Noxeno is It is first dedicated tool for anterior nasal foreign body (NFB) removal that allows doctors in any setting to quickly and safely remove objects that people (mostly children aged 2 to 10 years) put into their noses.
- The XIth Annual MedTech Summit of Biodesign Programme was held in New Delhi and was attended by leaders of government organisations, academia, medical device industry, start-ups, hospitals, design, business and engineering institutes. It was inaugurated by Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment, Forests & Climate Change Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- The first phase of Iran’s Chabahar port (Shahid Beheshti Port) which holds significant strategic and economic importance for India was inaugurated by Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani. It is Iran’s only oceanic port located on the Gulf of Oman, southeast of Iran near Pakistani border. It has been jointly developed by India, Iran and Afghanistan.
- The world’s first Information and Technology (IT) Campus for differently-abled persons (divyangs) is going to be set up by the Telengana government in state capital Hyderabad. On the occasion of World Disability Day (WDD), state Government has signed agreement with Vindhya E-Infomedia Private Limited to set up IT campus to focus on creating employment opportunities for persons with disabilities (PWDs).
- The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is observed every year on December 3 to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities. The 2017 theme is “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all”.