The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The six member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to maintain status quo in policy rates by keeping repo rate unchanged at 6.0% under liquidity adjustment facility (LAF).
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) became the first treaty-based international intergovernmental organization to be based in India one month after Guinea became 15th country to ratify it. So far, 46 countries have signed and 19 ratified Framework Agreement of ISA.
- Godrej Aerospace has won order from BrahMos Aerospace Pvt. Ltd. (BAPL) for supply of additional 100 units airframe fuel management systems for BrahMos for BrahMos Air-Launched Cruise Missile.
- The 22nd conference of Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP) was recently held New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Minister of State (MoS) Health & & Family Welfare Anupriya Patel. The five day conference was organised by Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) and National Drug Regulatory Authority (NDRA) of India in collaboration with Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- The Surface to Air Missile (SAM) AKASH was successfully tested with indigenous radio frequency seeker against target UAV Banshee. It was successfully launched from Launch Complex-III at ITR Chandipur.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia have formed new economic and partnership group named Joint Cooperation Committee, separate from Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
- The Union Environment Ministry has allowed NGT Chairperson to “constitute a single-member bench” in “exceptional circumstances” to address festering problem of vacancies in NGT. It has amended National Green Tribunal (Practices and Procedure) Rules, 2011 and issued notification. However, it has not defined “exceptional circumstances”.