The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to Rreceive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Tamil Nadu temple Sri Ranganathaswamy at Srirangam. won UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for cultural heritage conservation programme in the Awards of Merit category. It is first temple from Tamil Nadu to grab the award. The traditional method of renovating temple premises as well as re-establishment of rainwater harvesting and historic drainage system in preventing flooding were two key parameters that earned temple the award.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested indigenously developed light weight glide bomb Smart Anti Airfield Airfield Weapon (SAAW) at Chandipur, Odisha.
- The Union Ministry of Communications has launched Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana, a pan India scholarship program for school children to increase the reach of Philately. The SPARSH stands for Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby.
- Union Government launches Food Regulatory Portal and Investor Facilitation Portal. They were launched on the sidelines of World Food India 2017 Expo.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated World Food India 2017 (WFI) on 3rd November 2017 at the India Gate Lawns in New Delhi. The three day event was organized by Ministry of Food Processing Industries. The theme of WFI 2017 is ‘Transforming the Food Economy’. Germany, Japan and Denmark are Partner Countries to World Food India.