So you did not make it in CLAT 2011 or your rank is not good enough to catapault you into a good enough law school.
You could blame the CLAT itself, your coaching centre, your god damned luck, lack of preparation or ruddy well yourself.
Lot of options. Confused. Don’t know what to do. Life has never been this bad.
Right. So hold on!!!
Albeit a little late we are here with an alternate strategy, maybe that “road less travelled” to ensure that life is not at a zenith.
Even after the darkest of nights you can see the crepuscular sky. (Indian version: The worst of Indian roads have a level patch …well somewhere along the highway)
The different strategies that one might adopt.
- You have a decent score in you 12th Boards. Go to ILS Pune/ GLC Mumbai. It makes much more sense to go to these colleges that some NLUs at the bottom of the league which are nothing more than moribund institutions.Save yourself the misfortune of spending five years and hoping the N-School tag will get you a job.
- Your dad has fat pockets/connections. Make use of it. Take the management quota seat at Symbiosis or see if you have made the list at Jindal Law School. Amity also can be such an option.
- You made it to Symbiosis after some mass-gathering exercise of sorts. Go there. Go slow on the partying and the grass. Give law school a chance and you can make a brilliant career out of that place.
- The new NLUs that are accepting CLAT scores or organizing their own test (NUSRL and NLSJAA). If you have exhausted all other options and want to sit in a law school rather than spend another year at the LST class or IMS coaching. Take a seat. If you like it there and you feel there are good future prospects. Stick on. Give these places a chance. Otherwise attempt CLAT next year.
- Take a ‘drop year’. Sit it at home. This time burn the midnight oil. Slog your backside off and leave no stone unturned. See to it that your preparation is so good that even an unexpected pattern/fiasco does not surprise you.
- Think again. Is law really what I want to do? There are other lucrative careers and also interesting ones. Research. (B-School maybe? Preceded by a commerce or economics degree?)
- You could do the 3 year LLB course. Some colleges like DU Faculty of Law are excellent options.
- Meeting with the Maker. Very bad option. Also since you are a law aspirant remember Section 309 of IPC says that whoever attempts to commit suicide and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine, or with both.
- That little Paan Dukan that your parents have always kept their money aside for.
10. Light a smoke/grab a beer/watch cartoon (pick one). Take a chill^. (Not much advised)
CLATGyan shall be back again for CLAT 2012 very soon. We are only in the mentoring business. We don’t do marketing, sorry folks.
Plans for 2012 are big. We hope to expand and have a lot more people working with us.
We are always there for you. That friend on the other side, somewhere in Justice City. Just shoot a mail and we shall try to give you all the advice – from CLAT 2012 to adding that extra edge on your CV.
Till then keep your hair on. And oh yeah. We welcome the NALSAR Class of 2016. Welcome to JUSTICE CITY. Work has never been as much fun as it shall be now with you people around. Lots to do. We shall commence at the earliest.
“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places”. – Anon.
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on”. – FDR
^Disclaimer: (My personal opinion. CLATGyan does not endorse smoking, consumption of alcohol or any other addictive habit harmful to one. Smoking is injurious to health and tobacco is carcinogenic. Hell yeah. We are lawyers!)