The WBNUJS has launched its CLAT 2011 website(Aymen tells me it looks great and is a welcome departure from the dull grey) and this year the CLAT brochure along with the application form is available at a stunning low of Rs. 150 if you collect it in person or Rs. 200 if you requisition it from the CLAT 2011 office. However you still need to pay Rs. 2500 that you have to send along with your form.
CG had always advocated cheaper forms such that the reachability of CLAT was more and we had high hopes given NUJS’s social sensitivity measures.
The forms shall be available from designated post offices and all NLUs.
So what’s new: If you fall under multiple reserved categories you get to choose under which category you want to take admission. (What we interpret from this: E.g. If you are Madhya Pradesh domicile as well as belong to a Scheduled Caste then you get to choose if you want admission through the MP domicile or SC merit list in the overall rankings.) We applaud this system as you get a choice and are not automatically hauled over to some other list when you could have a better option at hand, if allowed to choose your own.
Rest all procedure remain the same with a candidate having to submit Rs. 25,000 to CLAT 2011 office after results are out to confirm acceptance of offer. This is later adjustable with your NLU’s fee.
How to decide a tie?
- Higher Score in Legal Aptitude
- Elder candidate
- Draw of Lots
Pattern, as officially announced : 200 questions, 200 marks, 2 hours.
- English including comprehension : 40 marks
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs: 50 marks
- Mathematics : 20 marks
- Logical Reasoning: 45 marks
- Legal Aptitude/Legal Awareness 45 marks
We, at CG, are expecting only current affairs and are confident about it.
CLAT 2011 Calendar as released in official website
- Publication of advertisement in leading English/Hindi national daily Newspapers 1st week of January, 2011 Last week of February, 2011
- Issue of application forms from all CLAT -2011 participating universities and specified branches of Indian Post Offices from – 11 January, 2011 (Tuesday)
- Last Date for submission of filled-in entrance examination application forms – 2 April 2011 (Saturday)
- Issue of Hall Tickets to the candidates from – 12 April, 2011 (Tuesday)
- Date of Admissions test for UG/PG – 15 May 2011(Sunday) (3.00 P.M. – 5.00 P.M) (D-DAY)
- Publication of result – 28 May 2011 (Saturday)
- Last date of acceptance and confirmation of interest in admission by depositing money in bank – To be notified later
- Completion of admission process – 28 June, 2011 (Tuesday)
- Commencement of classes – 1 July, 2011 (Friday)
The above dates are tentative and the Convenor, CLAT reserves the right to change the dates as per contingencies and requirements.
All the best! CG is here with you till the end! Soon we shall be releasing more detailed information on how to go about filling your forms and preferences.
We have been informed that some preparation websites have been misleading people about preferences and CG shall come out with an unbiased and true guide about preferences. Stay put. CG is taking on board a student from the 2015 batch of each Law School and is going to prepare a very unbiased report on the preferences so that you don’t suffer.
This is a report based on the official release in www.clat.ac.in