Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) – Patna, the organising University of CLAT 2017, has put up the details regarding CLAT 2017 on the official CLAT website. CLAT 2017 will be held on 14th of May 2017.
What do we know so far?
- There is no change in either syllabus or pattern. There will be 200 questions in a 2 hour long exam with the negative marking of 0.25. The composition of five sections is also the same. For the complete syllabus, check here.
- The age-limit for CLAT 2017 is Twenty Years (20) as on 1st of July 2017. This means that you are eligible only if you were born on or after 1st of July 1997. If you are eligible under SC/ST category, the age limit is Twenty two (22) years.
- To be eligible, you also have to score at least 45% of marks in the 10+2 examinations. For SC/ST category students, this is relaxed to 40%.
- Application for CLAT 2017 will be online only. There is no requirement of sending any hard copies to the organisers. Applications will start from 1st of January 2017 and can be filled up to 31st of March 2017.
- Your photograph and signature are to be uploaded. Details of other documents required for application have not yet been stated on the CLAT website. However, all documents have to be scanned and no original documents are required. If you are eligible for a scribe to take CLAT, you should upload appropriate documents for such purpose.
- Admit Card will be uploaded on 20th April 2017 and can be downloaded online. No hard copy of Admit Card will be sent by post.
- The fee for general category students is Rs. 4,000/- and for SC/ST category students is Rs. 3,500/- This is to be paid online only using online payment modes like Debit/Credit Card, Netbanking, or eWallets.
- CLAT 2017 Result will be declared on 29th of May 2017.
Fill in the application as soon as you can to avoid last minute hassles. Once that’s done, all that’s there to do is prepare. Work with perseverance and hope for the best! 🙂