1. The first monorail of India was started in which city? Mumbai.
2. Name the CEO of Microsoft. Satya Nadella.
3. Who was the director of the movie ‘Life of Pie’? Ang Lee.
4. Which amongst the following is not a nominated member of Rajya Sabha – Sachin Tendulkar, Mani Shankar Iyer, Ram Jethmalani, or Javed Akhtar? Ram Jethmalani.
5. Which country recently joined the Euro Zone? Latvia.
6. When is the Commonwealth Day celebrated? 24th May.
7. The Subordinate civil court is headed by? Senior Civil Judge.
8. The doctrine of ‘Rule of Law’ was propounded by? A V Dicey.
9. Baikonur Cosmodrome is in which country? Kazakhstan.
10. What three events does a ‘Triathlon’ have? Swimming, Cycling, and Marathon.
11. Where is Pong Dam? Himachal Pradesh.
12. Which Indian State is not connected on the Railway Network? Meghalaya.
13. Watson, the artificially intelligent computer system capable of answering questions posed in natural language is made by? IBM.
14. Which is the first State to pass the Lokayukta Act? Orissa.
15. India recently signed the green energy corridor agreement with? Germany.
16. Kethy Cross, the 1st woman umpire on ICC panel is from which country? New Zealand.
17. Which of the following language is non-Aryan in origin? Tamil.
18. The subject matter of the Consumer Protection Act is __? Protection against defective goods and deficiency in services.
19. Which is the latest construction amongst the following – Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar, Fatehpur Sikhri, or Agra Fort? Taj Mahal.
20. C.N.R. Rao, who won Bharat Ratna recently, is presently? The Head of the Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister.
21. Which country gave asylum to Edward Snowden? Russia.
22. Which is the first country to legalize active euthanasia? Nethelands.
23. Which of the following countries has never had a woman PM/President? United States of America.
24. Recently, The SC directed to relocate the Asiatic Lions from Gir Forest in Gujarat to? Palpur Kuno Sanctuary in MP.
25. Name the Andaman & Nicobar tribe which is under the threat of extinction. Jarawa.
26. Thomas Cup is related to which sport? Badminton.
27. The Delhi Police is controlled by? Union Home Ministry.
28. Mangalyaan, the Mars Orbiter Mission, was launched from? Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
29. Justice Verma Committee was constituted to look into? Sexual Harassment Laws.
30. Match the following :-
a) Adarsh Scam
b) I Dare!
c) Nobel Prize for Literature
d) Fundamental Rights
i) Rabindranath Tagore
ii) Kiran Bedi
iii) Justice J. A. Patil
a – iii; b – ii; c – i; d – iv;