The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- 25th January was celebrated as the 8th National Voters Day. The theme for this year was ‘Accessible Elections’.
- Maharashtra state government has banned the sale of tobacco at shops selling Fast-Moving Consumer Goods.
- Ministry of Science and Technology has launched 4 new schemes, namely: Teacher Associateship for Research Excellence Scheme, Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship, Distinguished Investigator Award and AWSAR ( Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research).
- Union Ministry of Civil Aviation has awarded 325 air routes under the second phase of the regional connectivity scheme, UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik).
- V narayanan assumed charge as the Director of ISRO’s Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre. He succeeded S Somanath who was appointed as Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has launched beneficiary module (i.e. Phase -1) of Rapid Reporting System (RRS), a web based based on line monitoring for Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG). The scheme aims at providing them nutritional support, motivating out of school girls to go back to formal schooling or skill training under its non- nutrition component.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has launched Management Information System (MIS) portal for Anganwadi Services Training Programme.
- SARAS PT1N, the new upgraded version of indigenous transport aircraft SARAS developed by National Aeronautics Laboratory (NAL) successfully made its maiden flight in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Apple has topped Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most admired companies list 2018 for the 11th consecutive year.