The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Integrated Quarter Master Package (IQMP) software application has been launched by the Indian army for automating various logistics related functions of an Army Unit. IQMP is web based software developed by Army Software Development Centre in association with TCS Ltd. It will replace numerous legacy applications such as ‘Vastra’ and ‘Quarter Master Package’.
- “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017” – A bilateral military exercise between India and Kazakhstan began at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh. ‘Prabal Dostyk’ stands for ‘Robust Friendship. It is second edition of the joint military training exercise between both countries. The first edition of exercise was held in Karaganda region of Kazakhstan in September 2016.
- The CCEA has approved continuation of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) as Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana- Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) for three years i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20. The RKVY-RAFTAAR Scheme’s objective is to make farming remunerative economic activity by strengthening farmer’s effort, risk mitigation and promoting agribusiness entrepreneurship.
- Revision in price of ethanol under Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) Programme for supply to Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) has been approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). The revised price was fixed at Rs. 40.85 per litre under EBP and will be applicable for forthcoming sugar season 2017-18. GST and transportation charges will be payable additionally.
- The Union Cabinet approved signing and ratifying agreement between India and Armenia on cooperation and mutual assistance in customs matters. The agreement will be signed by two countries after it is approved by respective Governments.
- Researchers from University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada have developed earthquake-proof fibre-reinforced concrete that can dramatically enhance the earthquake resistance of seismically vulnerable structures.
- Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM), a nationwide science talent search examination will be held on 26th November 2017. It is unique initiative to give a boost to learning of science, technology and mathematics among youth-especially the school students.