The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. To know more about them, read this. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. Also, check out our mock tests!
Important – We are at the moment held up with submissions back at NALSAR and we ensure you that the briefs for the next few days will be up in due time. Please bear with us and don’t forget to read the newspaper during this period. 🙂
- NASA has developed a new high-tech electroactive bandage that uses electricity to enhance the healing of injured wounds. It uses a material called polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) which can be stimulated by pressure of cell growth and body heat.
- The 28th India and Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) and Second Bilateral Maritime Exercise commenced at Belawan, Indonesia in the Andaman Sea.
- China slams US for intervening in the growing tensions in Asia over the territorial disputes in the South China Sea, over which the former had claimed territorial rights. In July 2016, an international Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) had ruled that China had no legal basis over the whole of the SCS.
- 21 new districts were created by the Telangana Government. In all, there will be 31 districts in the state that had come into existence as the 29th State of India on June 2nd, 2014.
- Harikatha is a traditional art of story-telling and has been revived by various cultural organizations in South India. It is composed of storytelling, music, drama, dance, poetry and philosophy in South India, in the villages of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
- Jitu Rai won the 2016 Champions of Champions pistol Award of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) for the 10 m air pistol shooting. He defeated Damir Mikec of Serbia.
- Abdelilah Bekirane has been re-appointed as the Prime Minister of Morocco again.
- A committee was appointed by the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) to submit recommendations for overhauling the transmission planning to facilitate the transfer of power. This committee will be headed by Mata Prasad, who is an expert on power systems.