1) X walks 10 kms, towards East. From there, he walks 6 kms. towards West. Then, he walks 3 Kms. towards South. How far and in which direction is he with reference to his starting point?
(a) 5 Kms South-East (b) 5 Kms East
(c) 7 Kms East (d) 7 Kms South-West
2) While facing east you turn to your left and walk 10 yards; then turn to your left and walk 10 yards; and now you turn 45” towards your right and go straight to cover 25 yards. Now, in what direction are you from your starting point ?
(a) North-East (b) South-West (c) South-East (d) North-West
A] Six people A, B, C, D, E and F live in a six-storey building, each on one floor. The following statements describe where they stay:
(1) B lives on floor 6 (2) A is equality far from C and E (3) F is an doctor
(4) D is two floors above F (5) C does not live next to an doctor
1) Which of the following is true?
(A) C lives on floor 4 (B) A is exactly between D and F
(C) E is on floor 5 (D) B is on floor
2) Which of the following is not true?
(A) F is not next to D (B) C is between B and D
(C) E lives on floor 2 (D) B is floor 6
B] Four teachers in the Law School are sitting in the canteen around a table and having tea.
(1) Mr. A sits opposite to the economics teacher.
(2) Mrs. B sits right to the property law teacher.
(3) The history teacher is on the left of international law teacher.
(4) Ms. C sits opposite to Mr. D
1. What subjects are taught by Mr. A and Mrs. B?
(a) International Law and Property Law (b) International Law and Economics
(c) Property Law and Economics (d) History and Economics
C] Statement: Captain Leo is choosing his crew for spaceship Oracle , with which he plans to land on Mars. He needs four more crew members of who at least two must be pilots and the others being engineers. The candidates for pilots are Meena, Leela and Brenda. The candidates for Engineers are Riya, Mahesh, Ganesh and Ishan. Leela will not crew with Riya. Meena will not crew with Ganesh.
1 If Ganesh is chosen, which of the following must be the other members of the crew?
(a) Brenda, Riya and Mahesh (b) Meena, Leela and Mahesh
(c) Leela, Brenda and Mahesh (d) Leela, Brenda and Riya
2. If Riya is chosen as a engineer, which of the following could be the other members of the crew?
(a) Meena, Brendaand Mahesh (b) Meena, Brenda and Ganesh
(c) Leela, Meena and Ganesh (d) Leela, Brenda and Ganesh
D] Six plays A, B, C, D, E and F of a famous playwright are to be staged, one on each day from Monday to Saturday. The schedule of the play is to be in accordance with the following: ‘A’ must be staged on the previous day of the day on which ‘E’ is staged. ‘C’ must not be staged on Tuesday. ‘B’ must be staged on a day which follows the day on which ‘F’ is staged. ‘D’ must be staged on Friday only and should not be immediately preceded by ‘B’. ‘E’ must not be staged on the last day of the schedule.
1. Which one of the following is the schedule of plays, with the order of their staging from Monday?
(a) E, A, B, F, D, C (b) F, A, B, E, D, C
(c) A, F, B, C, D, E (d) None of the above
2. Which one of the following days in addition to Tuesday, play C cannot definitely be staged?
(a) Friday (b) Thursday
(c) Wednesday (d) Monday
3. Between which one of the following pairs of plays, play D is staged?
(a) E and F (b) C and E
(c) B and E (d) C and F
4. Which one of the following plays is staged on Monday?
(a) A (b) D
(c) F (d) C
5. Which one of the following plays immediately follows B?
(a) A (b) C
(c) D (d) E
1. 4, 9, 26, 105, 524, ?
a) 3145 b)2473
c) 627 d) 4275
2. 1, 2, 2, 10, 3, 30, 4, ?
1. AEI : ZVR :: KOS : ___
1. Pointing at a man, Rohan said, “He is the brother of my mother’s only son’s daughter.” How is this man related to Rohan?
a) Rohan’s son b) Rohan’s brother in law
c) Rohan’s uncle d) Rohan’s father
2. Pointing to a man on the stage, Rita said, “He is the brother of the daughter of the wife of my husband’s brother-in-law.” How is the man on the stage related to Rita?
a) Rita’s brother b) Rita’s father in law
c) Rita’s son d) Rita’s nephew