Since the CLATGyan Test Series has started, We’ve recently noticed this spurt of anxiety amongst you all about OMR sheets. ‘How to fill them up and yet finish the paper?’ So, We’re here to help you with the process of getting through D-Day.
Things you need in the exam hall:
– Your admit card
– 2 blunt pencils: Blunt because it covers more surface area and hence makes the tedious process of bubbling quicker. Also blunt pencil tips do not break as easily as sharpened ones)
– 1 eraser: Ensures you make it to the top 3 law schools
– 1 black ball pen (to write your admit card number in the blocks)
– 1 water bottle (preferably full of water): Sipping small sips water of increases flow of oxygen to the brain (proven by the Indian Army!).
Note: Make sure you do not drink too much water or you will have to pee.(waste of time, you know!)
Things to do the morning of the CLAT day:
– Take a dump: Constipation hinders clear thinking. We’re talking from experience.
– Eat breakfast: Hungry minds don’t function. Eat! but not too much to make you want to poop during the exam.
– Before you leave home, hug your dad and kiss your mom. You may never return from the war front.
– Reach the venue on time. If you get late, you will panic. If you panic, your blood pressure will go high. If your blood pressure goes high, you will not think clearly. It takes 20 minutes for your blood pressure to return to normal. So, don’t take chances and leave home early.
– Don’t talk much. ‘Talking to your friends’ can be done after the exam. Stay calm and quiet.
– Be positive and relax. You have worked very hard and will do well.
Things NOT to do the morning of the CLAT day:
– Do not panic for reasons mentioned in point 4 of “Things to do the morning of the exam”.
– Do not study the morning of the exam. You had enough time to learn whatever you need to learn. The last 2 hours are not going to make any difference at all.
How to Bubble an OMR Sheet:
Things you need:
– 1 ruler
– 1 question paper
– 1 blunt 2B pencil (don’t use HB or any of the H series because they are light. Don’t use darker than 2B because if you – make a mistake, it is harder to erase. Also CLAT’s admit card asks you to get a HB pencil. But, 2B is little better than that one and in fact the perfect one for OMR sheets)
– 1 Eraser
– And of course, the OMR sheet
Things to do:
– Fill in your details like name, etc.
– Make sure you have filled in your roll number correctly. Please recheck the end of the paper.
– Read the questions carefully.
– Select the right answer.
– Take the pencil and fill the appropriate circle in the OMR sheet.
Note: DO NOT mark on the question paper and fill the circles at the end because then you have a higher chance of not finishing your paper. Keep filling the circles subsequently after each question. Also, use the ruler to make sure you colour the circle corresponding to the correct question number. One goes wrong and all the following will also be wrong. You will be SCREWED. So, place it horizontally on the OMR sheet and slide it down question by question.
Note: Most importantly, practice at least 2-3 times before you do the bubbling in CLAT. Here is one test we’re giving out for free for you to practice. Not enough? Here’s one more.