The CLATGyan Blogpost
Writing Competition - 2013
GK Section of SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
Saturday, May 7, 2011, 15:16
Alright. All the credits to the CLATGyaners again, specifically Adithya Reddy and Sindhija Satti (both from Hyderabad), for sending us the questions.
The answers have been marked in bold.
1. Recently, Mr Hosni Mubarak’s Government was toppled by people’s movement in Egypt. It is popularly known as:
a. Blue revolution
b. Pink revolution
c. Desert storm
d. Jasmine revolution
The answer to this question is ‘Inqilab-e-Shabaab’ or ‘Lotus Revolution’. Hence, hopefully… all the candidates will get a mark for this.
2. Which of the following law is applicable in the state of Jammu and Kashmir?
a. Indian Penal Code
b. Ranbir Penal Code
d. Kashmir penal code
3. Which of the following states has become the first state in India to offer government job to an HIV positive candidate?
4. In which state are the maximum number of airports situated:
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. Himachal Pradesh
5. Which country of the following is known as “Gaul”?
6. The author of the book “My Country, My Life”:
a. Sonia Gandhi
b. L.K Advani
c. Jaswant Singh
d. Pervez Musharaf
7. In which place will India’s first Indira Gandhi National Tribunal University be set up?
8. For respiration deep sea divers use a mixture of?
a. Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
b. Hydrogen and Oxygen
c. Oxygen and Nitrogen
d. Oxygen and Helium
9. Who among the following Pakistan national was awarded the Bharath Ratna by the Indian Government?
a. Liqat Ali Khan
b. M A Jinnah
c. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
d. Muhammed Iqbal
10. Recently the security council imposed sanctions on?
11. Which of the following is known as black gold?
12. A writ issued by the SC compelling a quasi-judicial/public authority to perform its mandatory duty is:
a. Quo Warranto
13. The science of Ornithology deals with:
14. Which of the following is not a constitutional body?
a. Union Public Services Commission
b. Finance Commission
c. Planning Commission
d. Election Commission
15. India’s youngest grandmaster(chess):
a. Saurav Ghoshal
b. S.P Sethuraman
c. Parimarjan Negi
16. The host of 2018 Football World Cup will be:
17. Which film got the golden peacock award in the 41st IFFI?
a. Moner Manush
b. The boy
18. Which one of the following plan duration is realted to XI five year plan in India?
19. Smart Money is a term used for:
a. Internet Banking
b. Credit Card
c. Saving Account in the bank
d. Current account int the bank.
20. Which one of the following organisation recently celebrated the silver jubilee year of its establishment?
21. Who among the following did not receive the nobel prize for economics?
a. Christopher Pissarides
b. Peter Diamond
c. Dale Mortensen
d. Akira Suzuki
22. Enemy Property Law which has been recently amended by the Union Govt. relates to:
a. Properties of those who migrated to Pakistan after Partition
b. Properties Captured by India during the war with Pak and China
c. Properties owned by those Indians indulging in terrorist and disruptive activities
d. Properties captured by India during war with Pak and Bangladesh
23. India has recently signed Social Security Agreement with-
The above question has two answers. Marking either of them will give you one mark.
24. As per the Lok Pall Bill recently finalized by the Union Govt., the Lok Pall would be a:
a. 4 member body
b. 3 member body
c. 5 member body
d. 6 member body
25. Which of the following provisions is not incorporated in the judicial accountability bill recently approved by the cabinet?
a. The bill will mandate judges to declare assets and liabilities
b. Oversight committee to be headed by a retired CJI
c. Public can lodge complaints against judges with a national oversight committee
d. The bill also requires the judges to have close association with any member of the bar.
26. Who of the following is the 4th woman judge appointed in the SC in india in April,2010?
a. Fatima Beevi
b. Sujata Manohar
c. Gyan Sudha Mishra
d. Ruma Pal
27. The speed of light will be minimum while passing through:
28. On which of the following achievements does the UNDP human development report base its rating of HDI(Human development index) in respect of different countries?
1. Life expectancy
2. Educational attainment
3. Adjusted real income
29. The “Abhors” are:
a. An adivasi tribe in bastar
b. A clan of dacoits
c. A tribe of mongoloid blood
d. Extinct now
Both A and C are right. Marking either of them will give you a mark.
30. The preamble of the Indian Constitution was largely influenced by the Constitution of:
b. Irish Republic
The questions have been published only for the sake of information and we do not intend to infringe the Copyrights of Symbiosis Law School or Symbiosis International University.
The CLATGyan Team.
You might like to read...
138 Responses to “GK Section of SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)”
Leave a Reply
CLAT Essentials | This is how your CLAT day should go... With 70 Comments Since 2013-05-12 08:30:10
You can subscribe by email to receive updates:
Subscribe through a RSS feed readerCLATGyan Feed
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010