We’ve all studied, some very hard, some not as much. But studied we all have. Been tortured by CLAT ’11 we all have. Bloody unsure of what’s in store, we all are. So here’s something that might help get some bit of surety, albeit however unrelated to Law School Results, etc.
Once the disastrous CLAT was done, and since I wasn’t really keen on giving NLU-O, I sat down, and literally made a list of things I’d want to do before I joined a law college this year. Now, I’m not as intelligent, or humorous like these so many people who have been posting on CG relentlessly, to keep us going, and neither am I like the talented buggers who’ve so far written for ‘The Window’, so bear with the mundane nature of the post. And be nice, okay?
Things to do in the month before college starts.
1. Watch movies. LOADS of them. All first day shows, all old classics, all the ones I’ve missed for the sadistic CLAT paper. Here’s a list of my must watch movies-
– Alice In Wonderland
– Clash of the Titans
– Robin Hood
– Prince of Persia
– The Last Airbender
– Toy Story-3
– The Expendables
– The Eagle of the Ninth
– The American
– The king’s Speech (yeah haven’t even seen this one. Don’t laugh)
– Black Swan
– 127 Hours
– Die Hard Series ( haven’t even seen 1)
– The Godfather I and II- one movie that is actually as good as the novel !
– Saving Private Ryan
– Seven Samurai
– Some Like It Hot ( who was the actor? Hint- CG compendiums had it. :P)
– Fast Five
– Super 8
– Pirates of the Caribbean I, II, III, and IV.
Okay, that’s for English movies. For any more on this get back to me on my e-mail ID.
2. READ ! It’s been ages since I read an Alistair Maclean or a Fredrick Forsyth. I plan to finish all of them a.s.a.p. That’s all that I’ll read, apart from the few award winning novels of the past couple of years.
3. Pick up a part time job.
4. Learn to play the harmonica and drum.
5. Learn how to swim, properly.
6. Write more often on my blogs. They’ve missed me, I know.
Now, that’s ‘bout it for me. Make your own list. Do loads of things. Just do something ! Don’t waste time worrying about the results, it’s not worth it. You’ve done what you could. Now let The Force do its mental math.
This post is merely a pointer. I’d love it if you guys added to it. The more, the merrier. 😀
PS: I forgot this-
- Experiment with various blends of ethanol, and nicotine. If you don’t do THIS, shame on you !
Joke tha. [-_-“]
And as they say- May The Force be with you. Peace !