The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The India-ASEAN Youth Summit began in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh to commemorate 25th anniversary of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) –India dialogue partnership in 2017. This event was organized by foreign ministry, sports ministry, Madhya Pradesh government and India foundation. This year’s theme if “Shared values, common destiny”.
- India and Russia for first time are going to conduct Indra tri-services exercise, involving their armies, navies and the air forces in October 2017. This exercise will be held in Russia including in mountainous Vladivostok region.
- Indian Ocean Naval Symposium’s (IONS) maiden International Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX) will be held in November 2017 in the Bay of Bengal under the chairmanship of Bangladesh. The ships and aircraft of the members and observers of the IONS including China, India and Pakistan will participate in the exercise.
- The Infusion Nurses Society (INS)-India in its 6th National conference launched country’s first online course on Infusion Therapy for nurses. INS is dominating authority in infusion therapy. The course aim to train over 3000 nurses.
- According to recent study conducted by scientists, the monster El Nino of 2014-16 caused over 3 billion tonnes of carbon to get released into the atmosphere, taking carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration to record levels. The study was based on analysis of data collected by NASA’s Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2) satellite, which measures level of CO2 in the atmosphere.
- Scientists from USA have formulated the world’s first plant-based Zika vaccine that has the potential of being more effective, safer and cheaper than other vaccines against the Zika virus. The vaccine was developed using proteins derived from Tobacco plant.