The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The 19th Round of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Trade Negotiating Committee meetings and other related meetings were held in Hyderabad, Telangana. The RCEP is a regional economic integration agreement amongst the 10 ASEAN countries and its 6 Free Trade Agreements partners- Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Japan and Korea.
- Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Pakistan’s Petroleum Minister, has been elected as the 18th Prime Minister of Pakistan by the National Assembly. He secured 221 votes in the House of 342.
- Arvind Panagariya has resigned as the Vice Chairman of NITI Ayog and is returning to Columbia University for teaching Indian Political Economy.
- The Supreme Court has banned the use of 5 heavy metals- lithium, antimony, mercury, arsenic and lead in the manufacturing of firecrackers because the air pollution they cause.
- The Border Security Force signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to provide skill training to retired and retiring BSF personnel and the population living in the border areas.
- Ustad Hussain Sayeeduddin Dagar, a custodian of the Dhrupad tradition of Hindustani classical music passed away in Pune. He was the youngest of the famous seven ‘Dagar Bandhus’.