The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Zimbabwe’s former Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa will be sworn in as the President of the country.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved India’s Membership for European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (EBRD).
- The Central Cabinet approved signing and ratification of Agreement between India and Philippines on co-operation and mutual assistance in customs matters that will help in availability of information for investigation of Customs offences.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the fifth edition of Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) in New Delhi. The theme of the two-day conference is “Cyber4All: A Secure and Inclusive Cyberspace for Sustainable Development”.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Yojana from 2017-18 to 2019-2020 and will cover all the 640 districts. The scheme was launched by Prime Minister in January 2015 at Panipat, Haryana to address declining Child Sex Ratio.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved ‘Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra’ scheme for a period 2017-18 to 2019-20. The scheme is part of the Umbrella Scheme “Mission for Protection and Empowerment for Women”.
- Prime minister Narendra Modi has launched Umang mobile application, an integrated platform for government-to-citizen services. Umang standing for “unified mobile app for new age” e-governance, currently hosts around 162 services from 33 government departments of central and state governments.
- Shubhangi Swaroop became the first-ever female pilot to be inducted into the Indian Navy.