The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW) is observed every year across the world on 25 November. The theme for the year 2017 is ‘Leave no one behind: end violence against women and girls’.
- The 12th meeting of Standing Committee of Inter-State Council was held in New Delhi with the objective to discuss the recommendations of the Punchhi Commission on Centre-state relations. The meeting was chaired by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The Inter State council is a constitutional body under Article 263 of the constitution which was established on recommendation of Sarkaria Commission.
- India is set to host 36th International Geological Congress (IGC) in 2020 in NCR New Delhi. India had won the bid in 2012 at 34th IGC Brisbane, Australia.
- Ritu Phogat from India has won Silver medal in Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship held in Poland. She won silver medal in 48 kg category.
- Researchers from Columbia University Medical Centre (CUMC) in America have converted natural bacterial immune system into the world’s smallest data recorder by modifying an ordinary laboratory strain of ubiquitous human gut microbe (bacteria) Escherichia coli (E Coli).
- Scientists have discovered a new species of gecko in the Eastern Ghats in northern Andhra Pradesh which has been named Hemidactylus sushilduttai or Dutta’s Mahendragiri gecko, after herpetologist Sushil Kumar Dutta.
- The Communal Harmony Campaign Week was observed from November 19-25, 2017 by National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH).