The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The Union Ministry of Science and Technology has launched National Biopharma Mission, first Industry-Academia mission to accelerate biopharmaceutical development in India. Harsh Vardhan is the Union Minister for Science and Technology.
- Uttarakhand is now one of the 20 states and 2 union territories to have banned begging following a high court order.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Textiles India 2017 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The 3-day fair is India’s first ever mega textiles trade fair.
- Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension has launched a new training programme called COMMIT, that is, Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training to improve public service delivery mechanism for state government officials.
- Senior IPS officer R K Pachnanda has been appointed as the new Director General of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
- Mumbai’s Vikrikar Bhavan has been renamed as GST Bhavan after the Goods and Services Tax regime commenced.
- Achal Kumar Jyoti has been named the next Chief Election Commission of India following Zaidi’s retirement on 6th July. An EC or a CEC has a total tenure of six years in office or till he/she attains the age of 65 years, whichever comes earlier.