The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- For the first time, Assam Government has extended term of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), 1958 and declared entire state a Disturbed Area for six more months under Section 3 of the Act.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has approved the constitution of 13-member Empowered Steering Committee (ESC).It will shape and influence India’s preparation for multi-disciplinary events, including 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
- The 2017 Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, a two-day annual conference of senior tax administrators was held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. It was inaugurated Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The conference was jointly organised by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC).
- The Union Ministry of Science and Technology is creating FarmerZone, a collective open-source data platform for smart agriculture by using biological research and data.
- The National Nutrition Week will be observed throughout the country from 1st to 7th September. The theme of for year 2017 is “Optimal Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices: Better Child Health“. Meetings and large number of awareness activities will be organized across the country.
- The world’s largest and powerful X-ray laser- European X-ray Free Electron Laser (XFEL) was unveiled in Hamburg, Germany. The first beams from XFEL were accelerated in April 2017 and first x-ray beams were produced in May 2017. It will help scientists look into the inner workings of atoms, viruses and chemical reactions. Its central fixture boasts world’s longest 1.7 kilometres superconducting linear accelerator.