The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed India’s first unmanned tank, which has three variants – surveillance, mine detection, and reconnaissance in areas with nuclear and bio threats. It is called Muntra (Mission UNmanned TRAcked.
- The Punjab government has recently announced the launch of its flagship ‘Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’ scheme by flagging off over 100 uber MOTO bikes. Under the scheme, the state government will be providing commercial two wheelers and four wheelers to unemployed youth at subsidized rates.
- India’s is the world’s 3rd biggest exporter of beef according to the OECD-FAO agricultural Outlook 2017-2026. Brazil is the world’s top beef exporter and then Australia.
- Sri Lanka Ports Authority has signed a US $1.1 billion deal to sell a 70% stake of the strategic Hambantota deep-sea port to China. This port is a deep- water port in Southern Sri Lanka.
- The 7th edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Artists Camp and Exhibition of Paintings has begun at Kathmandu. Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal, Jitendra Narayan Devhas inaugurated the event.
- The United Nations World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2017 is observed across the world on 30 July. This year, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) selected ‘Act to Protect and Assist Trafficked Persons’ as the theme of the Day.
- Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari won the Hungarian Grand Prix.