The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The first phase of the Chabahar port in Iran was inaugurated by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. It has opened a new strategic transit route between Iran, India and Afghanistan.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched Deen Dayal Divyangajan Sahajya Scheme in Assam on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Under the scheme every differently abled person in the state would be entitled to a one-time grant of Rs 5,000 for their treatment.
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities was observed on December 3rd. It has been observed by the United Nations since 1992. The observance of the Day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities. The theme for this year is “Transformation towards sustainable and resilient society for all”.
- 133rd birth anniversary of India’s first President Dr Rajendra Prasad observed on 3rd December.
- New Delhi was the most Instagrammed Indian city of 2017, the photo-sharing app has revealed. It was followed by Mumbai and Bengaluru at second and third place respectively, while Hyderabad and Pune completed the top five.
- Mumbai batsman Prithvi Shaw was named as the captain of India’s squad for the upcoming ICC U-19 World Cup.