The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Zainab Khan in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- The establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh has been approved by the Union Cabinet under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.
- The Typbar Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (TVC) has been given pre-qualification by the World Health Organisation (WHO). The vaccine has been developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and will be the world’s first typhoid vaccine clinically proven to be administered to children from 6 months of age to adults and confers long-term protection against typhoid fever. This pre-qualification would allow procurement and supplies of this life-saving vaccine to UNICEF, GAVI (vaccine alliance) supported countries and Pan-American Health Organisation.
- The construction, operation and maintenance of 2-lane bi-direction Zojila Tunnel on Srinagar-Leh section connecting NH-1A in Jammu and Kashmir was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). This tunnel will provide all-weather connectivity to the Leh region, which is considered to be strategically important. Once it is completed, it will be Asia’s largest 2-lane bi-directional tunnel.
- The implementation of Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) for capacity augmentation of navigation on the 1,380 kilometers Haldia-Varanasi stretch of National Waterway-1 (NW1) on the Ganga River was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). The World Bank shall be providing technical assistance to the project that shall be implemented at a cost of over Rs. 5,370 crore rupees.
- ‘Swachh Survekshan’, the nation-wide cleanliness survey was launched across India. The main objective of this survey is to evaluate the achievements in the cleanliness level in the urban areas.