The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- India has entered into a loan agreement with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for financing of $329 million for Gujarat Rural Roads Project.
- Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu has been elected as 13th Vice President of India. With this, BJP now holds the top 3 positions in India- President, Vice President and Prime Minister.
- The Indian Railways has signed its first EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) contract with Larsen and Turbo (L&T) for electrification of railway lines.
- Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as the new vice-chairman of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog.He will be succeeding Arvind Panagariya.
- The Union Government is going to launch AGRI-UDAAN Food and Agribusiness Accelerator 2.0 programme in an attempt to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture. It will train startups and help them connect with potential investors.
- The ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) and CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) have signed MoU to make indigenous regional positioning system- NavIC independent from the US clock system.