The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Aparajita Kaul in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Seniors IAS officer S. Aparna has been appointed as the Executive Director of the World Bank representing the constituency of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka.
- 7th August is being observed as the National Handloom Day. This is the third edition of the celebration which commemorates the Swadeshi Movement.
- An all-women team of researchers from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has developed a new drug delivery platform using nanoparticles which has the ability to boost efficacy of antibiotics at the cellular level.
- NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has helped astronomers find that exoplanet WASP-121b which provides strongest evidence about existence of a stratosphere on it along with glowing water molecules.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) researchers from Bengaluru have developed a highly sensitive, low cost nanometre-scale carbon monoxide (CO) sensor, with potential applications in environmental pollution monitoring. The nanometer-sized sensor was made using zinc-oxide (ZnO) nanostructure on a silicon wafer substrate.